Certified Organic by the Irish Organic Farmers and Growers Association.
We treat our seaweed in an entirely natural way, hand harvested, hand dried and chopped. No chemicals or any other substance is used in production. No microwave, or any harmful process is undertake.
Triple Blend Seaweed is a completely natural, organic product and a source of over 70 vitamins and minerals (nothing added) also contains proteins, selenium, antioxidants, essential fatty acids,(including omega 3) phenol’s, enzymes, trace elements, amino acids, and all the rare nutrients like B12 , zinc. Beneficial for the gut bacteria.
Triple blend also has a low iodine content to suit certain diets and this brings it within the recommended daily intake for iodine.
Total of 45 grams of pure 100% seaweed in 90 capsules.
- Total iodine content of 140 mcg in each capsule.
- Serving Size 1 tablet (HPMC capsule) Suitable for vegetarians.
- Contributes to normal cognitive function, to normal energy-yielding metabolism, normal functioning of the nervous system, the maintenance of normal skin, the production of thyroid hormones and normal thyroid function.
Do not take kelp capsules if you are allergic to iodine or seaweeds. These statements are not intended as medical advice. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Nutritional Values for 100 g of Kelp.
- Energy values, KCal/KJ per 100g, 166/686 .
- Protein 13.7 . Fatg/100g, 0.2 .
- Saturated Fat g/100g 0.2 .
- Mono-unsaturated Fat 0.1.
- Poly-unsaturated fat < 0.1 .
- Available carbohydrate, g/100g 8.7 .
- Total Sugars g/100g 3.6
- Dietary Fibre AOAC, g/100g 36.8 .
- Sodium, mg/100g 4899 .
- Moisture g/100g 11.6 .
- Ash g/100g 28.9
Our seaweed has undergone a full range of thorough tests which include testing for chemicals, pesticides, water content, and nutrition,
All seaweed tests have been done in laboratory conditions which are UKAS accredited.
A HACCP control system is in place.
If you are pregnant, nursing, have any thyroid disorders, are taking any medication or have a medical condition, please consult your doctor before taking any dietary supplement.
Why we should all eat seaweed.
Because of soil depletion from unsustainable farming practices, most whole foods are lacking in sufficient mineral levels necessary for human health.
Please see the link from the BBC talking about the health benefits of seaweed.
GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES ON SAFE IODINE IN TAKE.
- The World Health Organisation considers 1100 mcg iodine per day to be the safe upper limit.
- US Institute of Medicine has set 1100 mcg iodine per day as a safe upper limit.
- UK Department of Health recommends that a daily intake of 1000 mcg iodine should not be exceeded.
However, there is a lot of controversy over these fairly arbitrary figures, and an amount of iodine by a person’s weight has also been proposed. The allowance for a person who weighs 80 kg would be 2400 micrograms per day (mcg/day) – nearly 4 grams of Ascophyllum.
Research on Bladder Wrack (fucus vesiculosus) 2008.